CrossFit SFS – CrossFit
Metcon (No Measure)
If you get a chance, plese head over to the Socials and give us a like & follow .
Also any chance you get, we would love more comments, tags in your training etc.
There are some algorythym changes with the socials and comments/shares/saves will now be used to decide where /how/ you sees the social media so any help would be AWESOME!!
Warm-up (No Measure)
10 Wall Angels – deep breath in and out at top
10ea Single leg glute bridge
10 Ring Rows
30s Goblet Squat hold with plate press outs
then Build to start weight of strict press
Shoulder Press (4 x 7 )
Today we’re building on the strict press from a few weeks back, overall the volume hasn’t really changed but we’re looking to add 5-10% on the lifts from last week. As always if these numbers are feeling heavier than they should today, don’t be afraid to drop back.
– Our goal is to do all 4 x 7 at the SAME WEIGHT
– Maintaining a strong midline throughout that press, don’t turn it into a standing bench press.
10 Deadlifts @100/65kg
6 Deadlifts @120/80kg
15 min cap
Deadlift: load can be decreased but looking to increase from the first 3 rounds into the second 3 rounds.
CTB: pull ups, banded pull ups, ring rows
TTB: reduce reps, 1:1, hang knee
**Beginners – adjust the reps as needed so you can deal with the volume of gymnastics skill, find something challenging yet something repeatable. ”
*If you feel you are done rig work this week, then I want you to do 8 each arm @ heavy KB row & for TTB you can do GHD (1/2 if needed)
For our WOD today we’re got a two parter. Part one we’re looking to go hard and fast, CTB and Deadlifts the grip is definitely going to catch fire, look to break it up in a way that allows you to minimise rest time.
– Make sure you’re executing good technique on those Deadlifts and we’re not letting that back round.
– For those who are strong with CTB or Pull ups, look to push the pace here.
– There is a madatory 3min rest between parts, use this time wisely to catch your breath and get a bit of water in.
– Part gets a little heavier and the skill gets harder but the intensity shouldn’t change much. “